ADVANTAGES OF CARPET FLOORING
- Energy Efficiency: Carpet can help save energy by providing an additional layer of insulation on the floors. Carpet also delivers thermal resistance, meaning in colder seasons, it will retain warm air longer than other types of flooring materials.
- Comfort: Carpet provides a cozy and comfortable place to sit, play and work, and creates a warm ambience in the room.
- Safety: Invariably, hard flooring surfaces account for the vast majority of slip and fall accidents. The soft surface and traction provided by carpet makes it a great option for homes with small children.
- Appearance: Carpeting is available in thousands of colors, patterns, and pile heights. Whatever your decor, the look, feel and style that carpeting can add to a room is as limitless as your imagination.
- Noise: Several studies have found that carpets absorb sound, making for a quieter space. When padding is used under the carpet, the sound absorption is even greater than with carpet alone.
- Sustainability: New technologies have been introduced, which allow for old carpet to be recycled into new carpet and/or related materials. According to one recent study, from 121 million pounds of worn carpet collected, 85 percent was able to be recycled into new carpet products, thus eliminating the need to acquire new raw materials.